Vacation Rental Policies
Garrett Realty Services, Inc. (GRS)
1. Check-In/Check-Out – Check-in time is 4:00p.m. to 5:00p.m. (CST). During peak season, unavoidable delays may occur and there is a possibility your vacation rental may not be ready by 5:00 p.m (CST). Your patience will be appreciated. Late arrivals should make arrangements by telephone prior to arrival for key pick-up information. Please refer to your confirmation receipt for check-in location. Check-out time is by 10:00 a.m. (CST) firm, so we may prepare for our next arrival.
2. No Pets– Dogs are only allowed in specific properties, please inquire. If any evidence of a pet(s) is found in a non-dog friendly property or on the premises, you will be asked to vacate immediately and forfeit all rental payments. Any evidence of a pet in your rental property or on the premises may also result in additional charges to your credit card on file.
3. Family Rental ONLY! – We are very serious about maintaining a family atmosphere for the quiet enjoyment of all guests. We will rent to family groups, married couples and responsible adults over the age of 26, proof of age is required. The total number of persons allowed in the unit at any time is restricted to the stated limit for each property. Absolutely no house parties allowed. This includes weddings, wedding parties and receptions. During spring break season, we require one parent for every two persons under the age of 26. A PARENT MUST BE STAYING IN THE UNIT AT ALL TIMES. Any violators will be evicted. Eviction without refund is the penalty.
Please Note: If your stay is during spring break season we have an additional Spring Break Rental Policy to fill out and sign. View Spring Break Policy
Falsified Reservation – Any reservation obtained under false pretense will be subject to forfeiture of reservation deposit and/or balance of rental payment. Guest will not be permitted to check-in. Note: Units may not be sublet by guest.
4. Rates – Rental rates are based on property features, location and season. Rates can be found listed on this website and are subject to change without notice. A cleaning fee, sales tax and a one-time administration fee will be added to all reservations.
5. Reservation Deposit – Rental Payments are due in full 30 to 60 days prior to arrival. Payments may be made by cash, traveler’s check, bank money order, e-check, credit card or personal check with proper I.D. Credit cards are not accepted for monthly stays. In the event of cancellation, refunds must be obtained from CSA Travel Protection and are subject to their policies and conditions. To protect against the loss of your rental payments, travel insurance is strongly recommended.
6. Refunds – No refunds will be given for late arrivals or early departures.
7. Advance Rent Payment – A reservation deposit equal to 40 percent of the total rental amount is required within 3 days of booking in order to confirm your reservation. Reservations made 30 to 60 days prior to arrival require an electronic check or credit card advance rent payment upon booking. ADVANCE RENT PAYMENT IS ONLY REFUNDABLE IN THE EVENT OF CANCELLATION THROUGH CSA TRAVEL PROTECTION OR IF PROPERTY IS REBOOKED.
8. Travel Protection Insurance – We offer CSA Travel Protection. The plan is optional but we strongly recommend it. In case of any unforeseen events, this insurance helps protect your vacation investment. IF YOU CHOOSE NOT TO PURCHASE THIS COVERAGE NO REFUNDS WILL BE GIVEN. You can decline the coverage by signing the wavier form enclosed with your Confirmation and returning it to GRS within 5 days of receipt of your confirmation. Questions concerning CSA Travel Protection can be obtained by reviewing the certificate of insurance on their website http://www.vacationrentalinsurance.com/ or calling 1-866-999-4018.
9. Cancellations –
Please contact our office as soon as possible in the event you must cancel or change properties. If you choose to decline CSA Travel Protection, we will only refund your advance/final rental payments if the property is re-rented for the same time period and rate, less $75.00 cancellation fee. Once your reservation has been confirmed any cancellations, date or property changes will be subject to this cancellation policy. To prevent loss of rental payments we strongly recommend purchasing CSA Travel Protection.
10. Hurricane Policy –
Should a hurricane or tropical storm threaten our area we will receive evacuation instructions from the National Hurricane Center and our local governing officials. If the “Mandatory Evacuation” order is given, refunds will only be given by CSA Travel Protection if you have purchased coverage before the storm was named. GRS will not issue refund of any rent payments.
11. Damages – Guests assume full financial responsibility for damages due to misuse or negligence and missing items. Prior to check-out, please report any damages that occurred during your stay. Any charges will be discussed with you before your credit card on file is charged. As a courtesy and so that we can continue to maintain each home in excellent condition, if during your stay you find other items requiring repair, we request that this information be reported to the front-desk, as soon as possible.
12. Non-smoking Units– All of our properties at GRS are non-smoking and smoking is strictly prohibited inside all rental units. Any evidence of smoking found in a rental unit will result in additional charges to your credit card on file for carpet cleaning and deodorizing.
13. Unit Assignments – We reserve the right to change unit assignments. When you confirm a reservation, a unit will be assigned; however, no unit request is guaranteed. If a change becomes necessary, every attempt will be made to contact you by email with a new confirmation and/or by a telephone call.
14. Minimum Stay– One week minimum stays will apply for certain properties with a Friday, Saturday or Sunday arrival and Friday, Saturday or Sunday departure during peak seasons. If you require a shorter stay, please ask for availability and rate.
– Complimentary beach service is provided for some properties. Complimentary beach service includes two (2) chairs and one (1) umbrella, seasonally (weather permitting). Please note on website description for each property, if available. Complimentary beach service is an option of the owner and is subject to change without notice!
16. Housekeeping – Rates include housekeeping service upon departure only. You are responsible for the cleaning of your unit during your stay and for leaving the unit in good condition at check-out. Linens and bath towels are included and not to be taken from the unit. We suggest you bring beach towels and beach blankets. Guests will need to provide their own paper items and cleaning supplies. An initial set-up of trash liners, bathroom paper, and facial soap is provided. Extra items needed are the responsibility of the guest.
17. Items Left in Unit – GRS is not responsible for personal items left in a unit. If items are found and you wish them returned, there will be a $25 service charge plus shipping costs.
18. Furnishings – Our vacation rentals are individually owned and furnished. Please do not rearrange the furniture, take any items outside that are part of the interior décor, or move any furnishings or kitchen items to another unit. Additional charges to your credit card on file may occur if the housekeepers have to rearrange the furniture after your stay. Although every effort has been made for accuracy, GRS is not responsible for errors on this website for property changes made by the owners or for any conditions beyond our control upon arrival. Note: Rental agent represents property to the best of his/her ability and assumes no liability for errors or omissions.
19. Internet Service – Most of our properties have internet access. We do not, however, guarantee internet connectivity due to service being provided by an outside vendor, restrictions from personal computers, or other factors may lead to interruption of internet service. In the event the internet service is inoperable, we will do our best to troubleshoot over the phone, but if further assistance is needed the guest will be responsible for contacting the internet provider in the event of an outage. No refunds will be given due to the loss of internet service.
20. Utilities – No compensation will be given for temporary outage of electricity, gas, water, cable, telephone service, heated pools or internet service.Outages will be reported immediately and all efforts will be made to have them restored as soon as possible.
21. Maintenence Problems - Maintenance Problems During your stay, promptly report any maintenance problems to GRS. Please do not leave doors or windows open while the A/C or heaters are operating. If a unit fails due to doors or windows being left open, the guest will be responsible for cost of repair. GRS staff may enter the property to respond to any maintenance and/or housekeeping issues during your stay. No refund or rate adjustment will be made for unforeseen failures such as the supply of electricity, water, pool filtration systems, air conditioning, telephone, television or cable service, appliances, etc.
22. Construction - GRS rentals cannot predict construction plans in the area and therefore cannot be held responsible for any inconvenience. No refunds can be given in the event of nearby construction.
23. Good Neighbor Policy
– Please be sure to observe all rules and regulations, which are provided for each property. All guests, as well as owners, are required to conform to all rules and regulations of the properties. Violators are subject to eviction.
a) Please abide by all noise, traffic and refuse rules. Please respect the rights and space of nearby homeowners and other vacationers.
b) Parking is allowed in your designated area ONLY. Most properties allow only two (2) vehicles. No RVs, trailers, boats or jet skis allowed. Specific properties do have vehicle restrictions. Please inquire about allowed parking for your accommodations.
– GRS is the agent of the property owner and is acting at all times, in and for the best interest of the owners. Agent will not be held responsible for acts of theft, vandalism, or damages to the guest’s personal property. Note: All monies collected will be placed in an interest bearing special account and all interest will accrue to GRS.
Rates are subject to change without notice!